Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Summer Squash and Kielbasa Bentos

I originally planned on making Kielbasa, Summer Squash, and Zucchini Kabobs on the grill for dinner last night, but it has been raining for the past week. I ended up slicing everything and sauteing them with Garlic, Cracked Pepper and Italian Herbs. YUM!
Not as good as grilled, but definitely worth making again.
I was just going to make a bento for my fiance today, but the apple was huge so I sliced some for myself, and then I decided to just toss stuff into a bento for myself as well. Why not?
 ere is my fiance's bento. Complete with a Lunchbox Love Note!
 This tier holds:
  • Summer Squash & Kielbasa (Turkey Kielbasa, Summer Squash, Zucchini, Garlic, Cracked Pepper, Italian Herbs)
  • Grapes (Skewered on Leaf Picks and arranged in a Star Cup)
  • Raspberries
 This tier holds:
  • Apple Rabbits
  • Snyder's Naturals Veggie Sticks
And here's my bento! I have:
  • Summer Squash & Kielbasa
  • Tri-Color Coleslaw Mix
  • Apple (I sliced a large chunk of the apple into the leaf pattern. It turned out really nice, and was the reason why I decided to make a bento box for myself.)
  • Snyder's Naturals Veggie Sticks
YUM! I love those filling, healthy, and low calorie dinners that I make up. Sooo good, and I feel good after eating it as well. Last night we had it with Roasted Cauliflower and Brown Rice as the sides.

4 comments:

  1. Pretty and cute and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again - I'm very curious: what are these 'veggie sticks' made of? We don't have them here in Germany - are they sweet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, These Veggie sticks are made from potato with spinach and tomato mixed in. They are sold like this http://www.amazon.com/Snyders-Hanover-Eatsmart-Naturals-7-Ounce/dp/B003A9MRMW
      They are not sweet at all. More like eating chips, but healthier.

      Delete