Some of you already know that I eat almost the same breakfast every day... Yogurt (usually vanilla), Fruit (usually strawberries and blueberries), Cereal (usually fiber one original) and milled Flax seed... but that hasn't stopped me from making lots of breakfast bentos.
This post is going to show you how I turned the same 4 ingredients and turned them into more then 10 different bentos.
- Here is what this breakfast would look like if I didn't turn it into a bento... Boring and bland looking isn't it?
- Next up you can make it more interesting by getting creative and adding a simple shape with the use of a small cookie cutter or a stencil. I used a small heart shaped cookie cutter for this one.
- Now maybe you want it to be a little more different, you can do this by adding or changing a flavor/color... In This next bento I used a different flavor of yogurt and a star shape instead of a heart.
- And then in this bento I took the picture with different lighting. It goes to show you that even the same looking bento can look more interesting by changing the lighting.
- Next I have added a simple food pick to liven up the bento. Food picks can be found in most craft stores and kitchen supply stores (think cupcake picks) if you can't find a bento supply store near you.
- And here I used the same ingredients but I placed them into a different bento box. Keeps it interesting without much work or thought.
- And don't forget that you can always use a theme to liven up your bentos, Holidays and celebrations are always more fun to celebrate with a bento!