Saturday, July 16, 2011

Beach Picnic Bento

My fiance and I went to the beach today with some friends and I packed a bento picnic for us so we wouldn't be tempted by the yucky and unhealthy fast food there. It was a super tasty bento and the beach was nice. Very crowded though because they were having a bit of a carnival because it's the sand sculpture weekend. We parked as far away from the carnival stuff as possible, but I did have to walk through all the crouds to use the disgusting bathroom. Ugh.
Anyway, I am glad I packed such a good healthy picnic because it helped keep our energy up and we spent a long time out on the beach playing and hanging out with our boom box.
I put on many many layers of sunblock because I am very fair skinned and I do not want to burn or get melanoma, and then I also sat under a beach umbrella for most of the time as well (except for when I played Badminton, Walked to the edge of the water to watch my friends play, and the long walk through the crowds of people to get to and from the bathroom.

Anyway, here is what I packed for us to eat
  • Baby Carrots
  • Broccoli Florets
  • Cherry Tomatoes
  • Small White Mushrooms
  • Strawberries (From the farmer's market)
  • Blueberries (From the farmer's market)
  • Bing Cherries
  • Light Ranch Dressing (in the small container, for the veggies)
  • Gouda Cheese from Whole Foods
  • Goat Cheese from Trader Joe's
  • Light Babybel Cheese
These are super yummy cookies from the bakery at Whole Foods. I love that place and I love their cookies. I cut the cookies in half and then packed them so they would be easier to eat at the beach, and so they would look pretty.
  •  Snickerdoodle Cookie (for my fiance)
  • Double Chocolate Chip Cookie (For me)
This is a super yummy bread from Mamadou's Artisan Bakery the Bakery right across the street from our house. It's all natural and delicious, and I am so happy I tried this place because it's amazing!
  • Muktigrain vbread with Pumpkin and Sunflower seeds as well as 7 Cracked Grains
 I forgot to take a picture of the picnic before we started eating, but I did take a few pictures. I had already eaten most of the broccoli and tomatoes before I took this picture...
This is my fiance eating all the Mushrooms from the veggies. Do you like our old school boom box?
You may have noticed the my fiance was under an umbrella... I was too. We are both sensitive to the sun so we had layers upon layers of sunblock on as well as sat under umbrella's for most of the time.
I'm pretty proud of my ability to tie Cherry Stems with my tongue... I have been doing it for years, and I'm so proud. lol I know it's a silly thing to be proud of but it's not easy and not everyone can do it, so there! lol

I hope everyone had a good weekend!


    6 comments:

    1. Rainbooooooooooooow! *Stares for an hour or two*

      ReplyDelete
    2. lol Silly Julie! I'm glad you like it :)

      ReplyDelete
    3. Heh...cherry stems...I mean, it was super tasty!!! Especially that bread! Omgs!

      ReplyDelete
    4. I loved that Bread. I can't wait to go to Mamadou's with you Friday and pick out another bread to try! I hope they have something yummy we will both like because if I get the Cranberry Pecan bread and you don't like it then I'll end up gorging myself on it and eating the whole loaf in 2 or 3 days...

      ReplyDelete
    5. You tie Cherry stems with your tongue? That's an amazing talent! LOL. Hmp! You should've remembered to take a picture of the picnic! That's the best part! I'm craving for those Double Chocolate Chip Cookies. I wish you can show us a wide picture of the beach.

      ReplyDelete
    6. Sorry I didn't post a good picture of the beach, or the actually picnic. I'll have to have a picnic again this year with better pictures.

      ReplyDelete