Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering 9/11

If you haven't read the above statement in the picture, please do so. Hate is our enemy, and we must remember that. We are not doing ourselves a favor when we turn on others for being different.
I remember where I was 10 years ago. I was sitting in my French Class in high school. We were in the computer lab that day doing some word exercises in French. An announcement came over the PA and everything in the school was put on hold. We had a very long and frightened Moment of Silence. Frightening because no one knew what was happening or who was hurt.
I remember going home and turning on the TV. There were videos of planes crashing into the World Trade Center, and then the towers collapsing. Chaos.
I was 14 at the time, and very emotional. And I cried for the people and the families that were affected. I still am an emotional person, and writing this is making me tear up again.
I am grateful that my family was not affected on that day. I feel lucky that no one I personally knew lost there lives because of this. I feel for the families and friends that have lost loved ones.

1 comment: