Thursday, September 29, 2011

Toasted Onigiri Bento


I made a couple of onigiri last night with the leftover rice from dinner. Then this morning I brushed them with gluten free soy sauce and toasted them on each side in a frying pan. Then I made green pea tamagoyaki to go with it.
Here is my fiance's bento lunch. We brought our lunches with us when we went to run errands.
  • Green Pea Tamagoyaki
  • Rolled up Pastrami
  • Soy Sauce Toasted Onigiri
  • Cheese Leaves
  • Small Apple
And here is my bento lunch.
  • Rolled up Turkey
  • Chhese Leaves
  • Small Apple
  • Green Pea Tamagoyaki
  • Soy Sauce Toasted Onigiri

It was a super tasty lunch, and it was pretty simple to make as well. I know it's not super decorative, but I thought it looked really cool, and I made a few things that I haven't made in a while (or in the case of the toasted onigiri; I've never made before).
I hope you enjoy!

5 comments: