That's right, Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal for Breakfast! This oatmeal is super nutritious and delicious, and it's sugar free. I invented it because I had a can of pumpkin that I wanted to use. Last night I experimented and came up with a yummy and nutritious Flour-less Pumpkin Pie Cookie that was Vegan, Gluten Free, Sugar Free, High Fiber, High Vitamin A, and had many other benefits. It's also only 29 calories per small cookie. Anyway, I had leftover pumpkin and I was craving something that tasted like pumpkin pie, so I made this...
- 2 Cups Water (Next time I'm cutting to 1+1/4 cup water)
- 1/2 Cup Oats (I use Gluten Free oats)
- 1/4 Cup Pureed Pumpkin (I had organic canned pumpkin)
- 1/8 Cup Sliced Almonds
- 1/8 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon (I love cinnamon so I always use a lot, most people would be happy with 1 tsp)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 Packet Stevia (Or sweetener of choice. Maple Syrup would taste delicious with this recipe)
Add oats and stir to combine. When the oats soak up most of the water add the pumpkin and stir until pumpkin is well integrated.
When the oatmeal thickens to the consistency you like, turn off heat and stir in nuts and stevia.
Serve right away.
I put this yummy pumpkin pie oatmeal in a bento box, and I was going to decorate it with a little pumpkin cut out... but then I realized that would make it look too much like a Fall themed bento. Oops! I don't know about you, but I like to eat squashes and pumpkins year round... Too bad I can never find canned pumpkin unless it's near Thanksgiving. I guess next year I'll just have to stock up on it.