Here are a few bentos using some of my new bento accessories. After the bentos I also have a mini review on the Apple Shaped Sauce Bottles as well.
- Leftover Gluten Free Veggie Pizza (from Uno's) I cut each slice with my Bunny Food Cutter
- Large Cherry Tomato (fresh from the garden)
- Spring Lettuce Mix
- Gluten Free Turkey Sandwich (UDI's GF bread, mustard, turkey, lettuce, tomato, cut with bunny cutters)
- Apple slices with cinnamon and flax (and one of my new apple food picks I used to eat the apples with)
- Apple Rabbit
- Baby Carrots
- Leftover Shrimp, Spinach, Goat cheese Pizza (from Uno's... also with cute Apple food picks)
- Grilled Cheese Sandwich (with Mozzarella)
- Cherry Tomatoes (Disguised as mini apples using Leaf food picks)
- Apple Rabbits
- Spring Lettuce Mix (as decoration)
I accidentally deleted the picture of me filling the apple shaped sauce bottle... :(
So I love the shape of the apple Shaped Sauce Bottle More, but the apple Covered sauce Bottle was easier to fill using the pipette. The Apple Shaped Bottle was easier to squeeze the sauce out of though.
They were both pretty easy to clean, but if the sauces were thicker or oilier then it would be harder to clean them.
Because of the time it takes to fill the bottles, I will probably only use them for special occasions, or if I have more time to make bento. Though I might keep using them to bring my own gluten free sauces to restaurants with me. I put both bottles into a plastic bag and tossed it in my purse. Neither one of them leaked, and they were small enough that I didn't feel awkward using them at the restaurant.
Now I know why people fill their sauce bottles all at once, then just keep them in the refrigerator until they need to take one out and pop it into their bento box. That's a good idea if you often use soy sauce or other sauces with your bento.
The next sauce is the teriyaki sauce I packed and brought.
and the last is the soy sauce I brought...
I also but my sauces on the order of rice I got as a side dish to my rolls.... though I think the rolls were enough food for me.