Friday, September 30, 2011

French Toast Breakfast Bento

I made myself Gluten Free French Tosat today, using the UDI's Gluten Free Cinnamon Raisin Bread. I also used my secret seasonings/spices... I'm not giving away my french toast recipe to anyone!
Anyway, Here it is.
I left to cookie cutters in the picture, because I didn't think the powder sugar would hold the shape very well... and I was right as pictured below...
  • 3 Slices GF Cinnamon Raisin French Toast
  • I can't believe it's not butter spray
  • Powder Sugar
 The leaf shapes stayed a little bit, but it's still a bit of a mess. I guess I need to sift the powder sugar and use less of it when I want to make a shape.
But it tasted soooo good!

6 comments:

  1. So cute!!! ...I wonder... vague ponderance, but if you pushed the cutters into the surface slightly to make a ridge, would it catch the sugar as it fell and hold the shape better in the future? Or probably not be enough to make a difference?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think that would make a difference with the amount of sugar I was using. I think if I just used less sugar it would work better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever idea with the sugar & cookie cutters! Looks de-lish! Check out the new bento meme at Bento Blog Network. This week's theme is Anything Goes and you can post your bento links until 8pm CST on Tuesday and then voting will be enabled for people to pick their favorite, which will become the featured bento of the following week. This theme specific meme is posted each Friday. Next week's theme will be Smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds delicious Kat! I agree with Diana that you had a clever idea of using the cookie cutters. Thanks for using our cinnamon raisin bread too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank You Diana. I'll check out Bento Blog Network right away. Thanks for letting me know about it.

    Thank you Wendy! Udi's is my favorite Gluten free Bread because it tastes so good, and it has a great chew instead crumbling or being too dense like so many gluten free products.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good! And I agree that the sugar probably would have stayed put if you'd used less.

    ReplyDelete