Wednesday, September 21, 2011

New Bento Goodies

So, last weekend was my fiance's and my Engagement Party/Handfasting, and we received a few presents. I'm going to share what I got that will be very useful for making bento.
First of all, I would like to Thank Julie for giving me these awesome presents!!!! Thank you so much!!!
 First she gave me some super cute Food Cutters! These are going to be so great for bento, and I can't wait to try them out!!!
This is the Harvest Cookie Cutter Set
  • 3 Leaves
  • Pumpkin
  • Apple
  • Acorn
 And this set is the Farm Animals
  • Bunny
  • Duck
  • Cow
  • Turkey
  • Pig
  • Sheep
Next is the really big gift!
A Rice Cooker!!!!
This Rice Cooker is so cool, and It had different setting so I can make...
  • White Rice
  • Brown Rice
  • Other Whole Grains
  • Steamed Vegetables (or steamed meats/fish)
  • Soups
  • Beans
  • Mac & Cheese
  • Side Dish Mixes (Like rice or noodle dishes that you buy prepackaged at the grocery store)
And there were a few recipes that came in the manual that I am thinking of trying out.
The Rice Cooker Came with other awesome accessories too
  • Measuring Cup
  • Rice Paddle
  • Ladle
  • Steamer Basket
  • Oh and it also had a delayed cooking option so I can set everything up and it will cook at the time I set it.
  • And it had a setting for keeping foods warm as well
I can't wait to try out my new gadget and accessories! Be on the lookout for a review of the Rice Cooker sometime next week. I'm hoping to a lot of onigiri for bento!




3 comments:

  1. X-D You're welcome! I can't wait to see what you make from them! *Bouncy!* SOOOO excited! I love seeing your creations! ^_^ Still have to show Leslie pictures, too; the boys were fascinated. Of course... it makes me look lame when I say "No, I can't make you lunches like that"... but it's so fun going through them! I wanna see a pumpkin patch bento, and another piggy bento, and an autumn-y one in general, and all sorts of stuff! Get going! *Giggle!*
    Oh, and you have to sing the Fruits Basket rice ball song when you make onigiri. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!
    I am totally planning on making all those awesome bentos that you listed plus more. And now I CAN make them thanks to you and your awesome presents!
    I just bought some cheeses that I can use with the cutters... But tomorrow I won't be able to make bento :( Hopefully all next week will be bentos every day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY to bento plans! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3!!!! SO EXCITED! X-D And mmm, cheese! Been wanting cheese like crazy... may require cheese soon! LOL! And everyday bentos sounds epic!

    ReplyDelete