Sunday, July 17, 2011

Mocha Coffee!

I made homemade Starbucks Frappuccinos today with Starbucks Coffee that we bought at the grocery store, as well as a few other ingredients we had aroud the house.
My fiance is addicted to the Mocha Frappuccinos and I am partial to the light Caramel frappuccinos myself (though I only get them very occasionally because I am not a very big coffee drinker). But we had cold brewed coffee in the refridgerator, and instead of going out and spending money on some drinks I decided to try making them at home.
Here is what I came up with. I blended together
  • Ice
  • Cold brewed Starbucks coffee
  • Chocolate syrup
  • A little bit of sugar
  • milk
The when it was blended enough I poured them into glasses. Then I topped them with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles.

The first one was my fiance's and this one is mine.... we loved them so much that I made us each another one... here they are
YUM! It was super easy to make and definitely worth it because we would have spent too much money and wasted too much time going out to get them when I made these at home within 2 or 3 minutes.
Are we still going to buy Frappuccinos? Yes, but probably not as much as we used to because I can totally make them at home now. lol...
Plus I have to get myself some caramel syrup and some non dairy or low fat milk in order to make my caramel frappuchino...
Anyway, I know this isn't a bento, but It was super tasty and I wanted to share it with all my readers. Hopefully it'll inspire others to try making their own coffee drinks at home and maybe save a little money as well.
Have a great day, and don't drink too much coffee ;)

2 comments:

  1. Best. Things. EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE them!!! More! More!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Kellie! I will continue to make them and fiddle with the recipe to get it just right. I think today's was sooo much yummier then yesterday's.

    ReplyDelete