Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Cinnamon Apple OatCakes

I felt like making pancakes for breakfast, but I was almost out of pancake mix, so I tossed in some oat flour and made these Cinnamon Apple OatCakes up on the spot.

Makes 5 Medium or 10 Mini OatCakes
Gluten Free, Refined Sugar Free, Vegan

Cinnamon Apple OatCakes

Ingredients:
  • 2 Tbsp Hodgson Mill Gluten Free Pancake Mix w/ Flax (Can use any no sugar added pancake mix)
  • 1/4 Cup Oat Flour (I had some leftover oat flour I made by blending Bob's Red Mill GF Oats in a food processor)
  • 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce (Sub Mashed Banana if you don't like Apples)
  • 2 Tbsp - 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk (add a little at a time until bended to the consistency you want)
  • 1 -2 tsp Cinnamon
  • 1/2 - 1 tsp Vanilla Extract

Directions:
  1. In a bowl combine Pancake mix, Oat flour, and Cinnamon. 
  2. Add vanilla and applesauce and mix until combined.
  3. Slowly mix in milk 1 tbsp at a time until you have desired consistency.
  4. Spoon batter onto greased frying pan, spreading it flat with the back of a spoon.
  5. Cook like you would pancakes, flipping them when one side is cooked.
  6. Serve with maple syrup, warm apple butter, or fresh fruit and whipped cream.

 Enjoy!
 This plate has less then 170 calories, and it's high fiber and nutritious. Can't you just smell the cinnamon? YUM!

6 comments:

  1. Cool! Mmm, cinnamon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICE!! I saw this from the link on the GF page from FB... thanks for posting so much. I tend to lurk but am learning alot about experimenting and having fun with cooking!

    thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm glad you found my blog. I post a lot of gluten free bento meals, as well as gluten free baked goods. So you should come back and see what's new! :)

      Delete