Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Lion Bento

I had a Grilled Chicken Italian Sausage, Corn on the Cob, and Brown Rice Couscous leftover from dinner last night, and I was pondering how I could put them into a bento and make them cute. I wanted to do something with them that I haven't done before so I was looking up different animals I could make with sausages, but I wasn't having much luck. I was thinking of maybe doing a sun because I can the bright yellow corn on the cob that I could use... but then it hit me, I could make Lions.
I could make a big mane from the sausage, and I could make a smaller made using the corn on the cob. And then I decided to make onigiri with the brown rice couscous and turn that ino a lion as well. So I made a Lion Family!
  • Brown Rice Couscous (Garlic & Herb)
  • 1/4 Corn on the Cob
  • 2 Blackberries
  • 2 Cherries
  • Green Peas
  • Grilled Italian Chicken Sausage
  • 1/2 Cherry Tomato
  • Cheese and Black Foodsafe Marker details, and two chocolate sprinkles for eyes.
 I love how this came out. I don't know why I didn't try this before. This must be the King Lion.
And here are the smaller Lions. Maybe they are the Lionesses hunting the Giraffe and the Monkey.

6 comments:

  1. ..............Oh. My. CUTE. X.X Faces... So... freaking... ADORABLE!! AAAAAH! This is AWESOME! I love when you make little images and stuff! X-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I thought this was a really cute bento as well. It took me a long time to make the faces, I guess it's because I don't really have anything to make the faces with. I need to get some Nori and Nori Punches or something.

      Delete
  2. OMG THAT'S SO CUTE! Lion goes raaawrrrr. EHEHEHEHEHEHHEHEHEE!!!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea for the lions! So cute. :)

    ReplyDelete