Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Bold Fruit Bento

I (attempted to) cut up a mango this morning, and I loved the color of it so much I decided to show it off in a bento. I grabbed some bold colored fruit and packed it in my LunchBots Quad.
This is a healthy and yummy breakfast, and thanks to the fortified cereal, it is also nutritionally balanced!
  • Mango Cubes
  • Blackberries (these were extra delicious today!)
  • Cherries
  • Kix Cereal (Technically not listed as gluten free, but doesn't list any gluten ingredients and I do not have any reactions to it)
And for some extra variety of color I added a purple finger pick, an orange flower pick, my green spoon, a pink heart cup, and a green square cup.
I love that this bento gives me the option to pack foods separately, and I like to use it to pack bold colored fruits and vegetables. I think it is pleasing to the eye and the palate to open the box and see blocks of brightly/boldly colored foods.

2 comments:

  1. PRETTY! Just showed Leslie! I LOVE the colors, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I just wish the camera was better so it could show just how bright it was. the picture looks darker then the actual bento did.

      Delete