Sunday, July 1, 2012

Summer Fruit Salad

This is the BEST fruit salad I have ever eaten. I'm not joking about this, I am actually surprised at how delicious this fruit salad is. I usually go for the fruit salads filled with different kinds of melons, but this fruit salad doesn't have ANY melons in it at all and I still think it is the best fruit salad I have ever eaten in my entire life.
Of course it is made with fresh ripe fruit, and that makes all the difference.
I mean it, If you do not have fresh/ripe fruit, do not bother making this recipe because it will not taste anywhere as good as this fruit salad!

 
I am serious, ONLY use Fresh and Ripe Fruit to make this salad. That means you might want to take a trip to your local farmer's market before making this salad.

Ingredients:
Makes 2 Servings Under 200 calories each
  • 1 Medium-Large Peach
  • 1 Medium-Large Plum
  • 8 Cherries
  • 8 Medium Strawberries
  • 1/2 Cup Blackberries
  • 40 Large Blueberries
  • 2 Small Bananas (or 1 extra large Banana)
Directions:
  1.  Wash all of your fruit before preparing.
  2. Cut Peach and Plum in half, and remove/discard the stones. Then cube the fruit (do not remove the peel) and set aside in a large bowl.
  3. Pull the stems off of the Cherries and discard the stems. Carefully cut run a knife all the way around the cherry and separate the two halves, remove/discard the pits. Slice the cherries into fourths and add to the bowl.
  4. Remove/discard the greens from the Strawberries, then cut them into chunks. Add to the bowl along with the Blueberries and Blackberries.
  5. Gently stir or toss the fruit in the bowl to combine.
  6. Peel the Bananas and discard the peels. Cut the bananas into even slices and add a few slices at a time into the fruit salad. Gently stir or toss the fruit salad after adding about half of one banana. Try to get the bananas to not stick together, but don't let them get squished either.
  7. Continue to alternate adding banana slices and tossing the fruit until all of the bananas have been added and the fruit is well combined.
  8. Serve immediately. If you do not want to serve your fruit salad right away, you can make everything besides the bananas ahead of time and keep in the refrigerator. Then right before serving add the banana. You want to prevent the bananas from discoloring or getting too soft.
 Doesn't that look awesome? This is one giant serving and it's only about 185 Calories! Plus it is healthy, full of fiber, has no added sugars, and is super filling. You can have it for breakfast, snack, dessert, add whipped cream, ice cream, granola, yogurt, or anything you like to it... Personally I would eat it all by itself because it IS THAT AMAZING!


I put my portion into a bento box to eat as my snack with lunch, but since it is so large and filling, it became my lunch.  :)
I hope you all enjoy! And have a wonderful July!

No comments:

Post a Comment