Sunday, July 8, 2012

Protein & Beans Bento

I exercised a lot today, so I wanted to make sure I ate a good amount of protein so my body could recover. So I was about to make myself a leftover Chicken Burger, when my mother in law offered me some of the bean salad she made. I was going to turn it down at first because I usually don't like that kind of salad, but it sounded good, and it was packed with protein so I decided to have some and put it into a bento.
This is what I came up with:
  • Burger Kabobs (Alternating pieces of Chicken Burger and Cherry Tomato)
  • Grapes (I had just washed them, so they were on the counter taunting me. lol)
  • Whole Grain Mustard (To did my kabobs into)
  • Bean Salad (Green Beans, Wax Beans, Chick Peas, Black Eyed Peas, Black Beans, Red Kidney Beans, Chopped Red Onion, Light Vinaigrette Dressing)
I added this picture because I think it's cool how direct sunlight can change everything about a picture by making some of the colors pop. It also adds more depth to the photo, but I used the other picture first because it is easier to see what everything is because it has a more even tone.

I hope everyone is having a good day, and enjoying some good food. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment