Wednesday, July 4, 2012

July 4th Star Bento

Happy 4th of July to all my American readers. And to everyone else, I hope you have an awesome day as well! ;)
I went to bed planning an Independence Day themed bento, and I woke up bright and early to start making it! Here is what I came up with using the limited red/white/blue foods in the house. (Good thing we eat a lot of fruit in this house, so I had a lot of berries to work with!)
  • 5 Cherries
  • Blue Star Cup w/ Blueberry + Strawberry Star Salad
  • Strawberry
  • Blue Cup w/ Almond Milk (to pour over fruit Salad)
  • Firecracker Skewers (w/Strawberries, Blueberries, and Blackberries)
  • Star Sandwich (Udi's GF Multigrain Bread [Toasted], Toffutti 'Cream Cheese', Raspberry All Fruit Spread w/ Fiber)
  • Blackberries + Strawberry Slice
 Here is my star sandwich and the firecrackers! I sliced a few small strawberries and alternated strawberry sliced with juicy blueberries, and ended it with a blackberry. I used my white heart pick to add a bit more white to the bento.
 Here is my fruit salad. I sliced some strawberries and used my tiny star cutter to cut stars out of the slices. I filled the blue star cup with blueberries and topped it with the strawberry stars. I packed my blue/star container with some almond milk to pour over the salad in my version of berries and cream. And it makes it red/white/blue. Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of the berries and cream when I ate it.
But I did take a picture of the firecracker! YUM!
My favorite part of this bento was the star sandwich though. I never eat things with cream cheese AND fruit spread. it's usually either/or... Now that I know how yummy it can be I will probably be buying some gluten free bagels at the grocery store!

I hope you all enjoy this bento as much as I did. I am pretty happy with how it came out. Wish I had time to make another one... maybe I will have another one for lunch...

No comments:

Post a Comment