Friday, July 27, 2012

Gluten Free Cheese Crust Pizza

This delicious pizza was made using gluten free cheese bread (the same bread mix from the Piggy Cheesy Breads).
I love this bread mix, and I don't know where it has been all my life. Wow, these pizzas came out amazingly delicious and they were sooo easy to make.
I made 4 pizzas. 3 individual size pizzas and one slightly larger one to share.
The crust is super easy to make, Just make the cheese bread dough like the box says, then instead of making little round bread balls, split the dough and flatten them out into the desired size/shape pizza you want. The dough won't shrink back after you stretch it out on your pan like regular pizza dough. Pinch/Shape the edges to make a nice crust to hold onto. Bake the crusts for 22-25 minutes and remove from the oven. Top with whatever sauce and toppings you want and put back in the oven or broil until cheese melts.
 Here is the larger sized Cheese Pizza (About the size of 1 1/2-2 individual size pizzas put together). To make a quick Sweet Pizza Sauce I mixed together tomato paste, garlic powder, Italian Herbs, and Cracked Pepper. I topped it with a sprinkle of Grated Parmesan Cheese and Fat Free Shredded Mozzarella Cheese.
 The one is my Fiance's Pizza. No Sauce, instead I sprayed on a little oil and sprinkles it with herbs, garlic powder, and cracked pepper. Then I added some Mushrooms, Grated Parmesan Cheese and Fat Free Mozzarella Cheese.
 This one is mine, I have half with the sauce and cheese, and half without sauce. I wanted to try both. I also added less cheese to mine because I am not a huge dairy lover.
This one is my mother-in-law's pizza. It had the sauce as well as extra cheese.

If you have any leftovers (and I doubt that you will) re-heat them in a toaster oven to get the crust back to it's original chewyness. The cheese bread is not very chewy/cheesy when it get's cold, so heating it in the toaster oven will bring back the desired taste and texture without making it soggy like a microwave might. You could also toss it back under the broiler for a few minutes if you don't have a toaster oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment