Friday, March 16, 2012

Great Bento Box Find

My fiance was getting her glasses fixed, so we shopped around in Marshall's while we waited, and look at my lucky find! A great bento box set that I almost walked right by. It was the only one in the store. Only $5.99!!! WOW! I am so lucky!
The sticker on the box shows a Brown, Black, and a Purple bento, but only the brown was in the store. Although I am not a huge fan of the color brown, (I would have LOVED the Purple or the black bento) but it's still an amazing bento box.
Here is the lucky find. It's a very large bento box, and I might have trouble filling it, but I think it might be a great size for salads or other meals filled with vegetables. I might use this for a picnick bento as well because it's big enough for two to share.
Here's what's under the cover. The cover has a liquid proof seal, and tight locking slips.
There is a shallow dish on the left that is called a 'cookie tray'. This will be usefull to keep crackers, cookies, and breads away from wet foods.
Removing the shallow tray reveals a large space for food as well as a Fork and Spoon.
The Removable Deep dish on the right looks to be a good size for a side dish that may be wet. Or a food you don't want mingling with the rest of your meal. I am thinking it's perfect for mac and cheese or a few pieces of chicken or meatballs. Or even a small side salad. Maybe some chips to go along with a sandwich.
The bento is huge! I wish the dimensions were listed on the box like Japanese bentos are, but this one is American made... probably why it's so large.
I love the cute fork and spoon, and the handles of the utensils have little heart cutouts on them.
Here is everything the bento comes with. Here is the description on the box: '6 Piece Set Includes: Fork, Spoon, Cookie Tray, Side Tray, Easy Snap Lid, & Bottom Tray.'
  • Easy to Clean
  • Good for All Ages (seems kid of big for a little kid, I would only pack a meal for an adult in this bento!)
  • Perfect for Work, School & Travel
  • BPA Free Durable Plastic Containers & Flatware
  • Helps you Pack a Healthy & Economical Meals Fast!
  • Dishwasher & Microwave Safe
 Here is a side view of the bento.

I love that this is microwave safe. I do not microwave any of my bentos because I don't want to ruin them, but I might try microwaving this bento. I am not sure yet... If I do, I will write about it on the blog and let you all know how it turned out.


4 comments:

  1. YAY! Serendipitous! ^_^ <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was living in Tyler, TX I saw them all the time, but I'm still a child at heart and I couldn't buy it because it was too plain. TJMAXX has had some, but Marshalls is too far away. If you're ever in stores like Ross, TJMAXX always check, because you will be surprised with what you find. World Market has had some too.

    I agree about the purple one. :) I only saw grey/brown and black.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always look in the home good's section of TJMaxx, but I usually only find some cookie cutters, and silicone cupcake liners. I bought some stuff there, but I've never seen actual bento boxes until today.

      Delete