Monday, March 19, 2012

Breakfast in New Bento

I made my usual breakfast this morning, but I packed it in the new bento box I bought last week. I think it was the perfect size for my cereal, and I was happy with the spoon as well. Sometimes the bento spoons are too small to hold things like cereal, and they are only good for smooth things like pudding, and apple sauce. But this spoon was a good size and held the cereal without a problem.

 
In the left side of the bento I have the cereals, and in the cup on the right I have the berries. I also poured the milk in with the berries (see below):
  • 3/4 Cup Rice Chex (Gluten Free)
  • 1/2 Cup Puffin's Multigrain (Gluten Free)
  • 1/8 Cup Sliced Almonds
  • 6 Small Strawberries (Chopped)
  • 3 Blackberries (Cut in Half)
  • 10 Blueberries
  • 1/2 Cup Vanilla Almond Coconut Milk (Unsweetened)
And here it is with the milk added. The side compartment is the perfect size to hold all the berries and milk, and I liked that I could keep the wet foods separate from the dry foods until I was ready to eat them.
To eat it, I just picked up the cup holding the berries and milk and I dumped it into the bento on top of the cereal. Then I set aside the empty cup and used the included spoon to eat my cereal.

4 comments:

  1. Cuuuuute! I giggled at your adorable spoon critiquing! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad it had a big spooooon! Those tiny spoons are so annoying!!!! I'm glad you feel my annoyance to the tiny spoons! Yay pretty new bento box! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know you had issues with the little spoons. You can start using the bigger spoon with bentos and see if that's better.

      Delete