Monday, March 12, 2012

Gluten Free Spinach & Feta Pie

I bought some Frozen Gluten Free pie crusts ate Whole Foods last weekend, and tonight I used one to make a Spinach and Feta pie for dinner. It turned out sooo good that I decided to share the recipe!
Sorry I didn't get a picture of the pie while it was still whole. I was not planning on writing a blog about it until after we ate dinner. It was just that good!
Ingredients:
  • 1 Gluten Free Pie Crust, Par Baked (I used a frozen crust)
  • 2 Packages Frozen Spinach, Thawed and drained (I used Green Giant)
  • 1 Small Onion, Chopped
  • 2 Cups Fat Free Ricotta Cheese
  • 1 Cup Fat Free Feta Cheese, Crumbled
  • 1/2 Cup Egg Beaters (or 2 Eggs beaten)
  • 1-2 Tbsp Cracked Black Pepper
  • 1-2 tsp Dried Dill
1. Partially bake the crust according to package instructions. The crust I had said to bake for 10 Minutes at 350 degrees. Make sure to poke the bottom of the crust with a fork to let steam out while it's baking.
2. On medium low heat, saute the onion in some non-stick spray or olive oil until it becomes translucent. Add spinach and stir to combine. Let the spinach heat through before removing it from the heat and putting the spinach/onion mixture into a mixing bowl.
3. Add ricotta cheese, and mix well until the cheese is thoroughly combined.
4. Carefully mix in the feta cheese so that the crumbles do not get mashed into the mixture.
5. Add egg beaters and seasonings and mix lightly until combined.
6. Pour mixture into the pie crust and smooth out the top so that it is even. If you have some mixture left over you can bake that without a crust. (See below)
7. Bake Pie for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees, or until lightly golden brown and filling is firm to the touch.
8. Let pie sit for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
I had some leftover filling that I poured into a greased muffin tin and baked for 10-15 minutes until the filling was firm. I plan on using these in bento boxes or for snacks.

4 comments:

  1. *Twitch* So... much... green... But you make it SOUND tasty! And it looks pretty! ^_^ ...Cheater. >.>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Silly Julie, It sounds tasty because it IS tasty!

      Delete
  2. I loves some spinach...this is looking like dinner and a lunch for daddy for next week!! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete