Friday, April 15, 2011

Snack Bento for Two

I have been really busy the past week, and I haven't really had a chance to make bento lunches. My fiance's mother is home from work, and she has commandeered the kitchen to do all the holiday baking. My fiance's family celebrates Easter on Palm Sunday, so that means this Sunday we will have all her family over.
I got to do the spring cleaning, but since she's making a huge mess in the kitchen, I'll have to clean that too.
Anyway, Because I've been so busy and I don't get to use the kitchen like normal, I didn't have a chance to make bento lunch, but I didn't want to leave all my blog readers without something, so I made me and my fiance a nice big snack bento to share.
All easy stuff that we had around the house, but it's better then nothing.
  • Strawberries (Shared)
  • Cantaloupe (Shared)
  • Late July Organic Peanut butter Cracker sandwiches (Shared)
  • Chocolate Cheerios (Mine)
  • Veggie Chips (Shared)
  • Annie's Chocolate Bunny Grahams (Fiance's)
  • Annie's Sour cream and Onion Bunnies (Fiance's)
It was very tasty, but I think I ended up putting too much in. I was full after eating my share, and I logged the calories. Higher then I wanted it to be, but that's because I put a lot of processed foods in (granted, they were healthier then other options... but they are still processed foods).

I am also not happy with the colors. I ate all the green beans out of the veggie chips, so I didn't have and green to put into the bento. I should have used a green cup to hold some of the snacks. but too late now. Oh well.
I am hoping that after this crazy family get together, things will calm down and go back to normal. Or at least get less stressful.
One thing I like to do to beat the stress is go for a walk. Last night I went for a walk, and as I was getting close to home, I decided to keep walking... I ended up walking 5 miles and I felt like I could have gone more, but it was getting dark and chilly.

2 comments: