Sunday, April 10, 2011

Picnic!!!

So my friend Julie took me and my fiance out for a fun day of walking and picnic and kite flying. And she made us each a bento to eat on our picnic. It was super tasty and we all had a ton of fun.

Here is our picnic spread. Fresh Strawberries (very sweet and delicious), Fresh Whipped Cream to dip the strawberries in, Baby Carrots, Ranch Dressing for the carrots. Mint Milano Cookies, Veggie Chips, Cheese Sticks, Water, and Apple Juice boxes.

It was sooooo good, but I ended up eating too much. lol. But we walked around a lot and we also flew kites in the park.
It was a beautiful day. Overcast all day long, but the weather was nice, and I only got cold when we were on top of the windy hill to fly kites. My fiance is so chivalrous and let me wear her sweatshirt.

Here is a closeup of my bento lunch
Nice and bright, lots of color too! Great job for a first attempt at a bento (without really attempting to making it a bento, it just worked out that way),

Thank you Julie for the wonderful day! I can't wait for more days like this. I'm hoping to do a hanami (cherry blossom viewing) picnic bento once the trees around here bloom.

3 comments: