Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Piggy Bento Boxes!!!

My friend Julie gave me two new bento boxes yesterday. And they had me litterally jumping up and down because they were both Piggy bento boxes. I LOVE pigs, and I LOVE bento, and I have wanted a pig bento box since I started bentoing. Unfortunately they don't sell any pig bento boxes around here, but Julie is so awesome and she ordered them online for me.
It was a wonderful surprise, and I am still super excited today.
Both are two tiered boxes with bands to keep the tiers together in transit.
Aren't they the cutest?!
 Side View, of the cute details.
I love the adorable piggy face
  • Two Tiered bento box
  • Elastic strap to keep it together
  • Top tier has a tight fitting lid to keep liquids in place
  • Dishwasher and Microwave safe without the lids (but I'm not going to chance it.)
  • Great detail
PinPin Bento Box features a family of pigs having a party
  • Two Tiered Bento box
  • Inner lid has a pair of Chopsticks
  • Top tier has a divider inside
  • Bottom tier has tight lid, but does not seem liquid proof
  • Elastic band to hold everything together
  • Great detail
  • Silly 'Lost in Translation' phrases like "Shannon Good" and "PinPin's Swuzzy Dinner" and "Good to Eat" and "Happy Animal". Well, not all of them are lost in translation, but I figured I'd put them all up.
 
 Side Details of the two boxes. I love that the decorations seem to be all over the box and not just on top.

I can't wait to use them. I only have to make bento for myself today because my fiance's mother, and my fiance are taking her niece out to see the movie 'Hop' and go out to lunch. So I'll make myself something easy and tasty. Now I just have to pick which bento box to use first.



4 comments:

  1. <3 YOUUUUUU! You were soooooooo cute! SQUEE!
    -Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you too! Thank you thank you thank you! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you happen to know where you friend got the Pinpin bento? I purchased that exact one at Otakon this year but the center lid got melted (don't put it in the dishwasher!) and I'm trying to find a replacement.

    Kawaii blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She bought it online, either Amazon.com or Ebay.com

    ReplyDelete