Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Peep S'mores

Last week, my brother shared a website with me where someone made peep s'mores. They looked yummy so I decided to try them out as well. Too bad the pictures didn't come out very good. But they tasted very yummy, so that makes up for it. lol
First of all I gathered the ingredients I wanted to use.
  • Two Low Fat Graham Crackers (110 calories)
  • Two Peeps (56 Calories)
  • 1 Lindt Chocolate Bunny (60 Calories)

 I broke the chocolate bunny in half and got the graham crackers ready for the heat.
You can see the chocolate starting to melt, but the peeps don't look any different yet.
Here, the chocolate is completely melted and the peeps started to smoke on top so I got ready to take them out.
You can kind of see the toasted sugar on top of the peeps, I was careful taking them out of the toaster oven because sugar burns are the worst.
The sugar was crispy where it melted, almost like a Crème brûlée, but not nearly as fancy or sophisticated.
Here they are, ready for the taste test. The peeps don't seem to be very melty, but the chocolate is super melty and creamy.
The peeps were warm and a little gooey, but not as gooey as a regular marshmallow. The chocolate was delicious, but what else would you expect from Lindt? lol
All in all it was pretty tasty, but I wasn't too impressed with the peeps. Maybe I should try them in the microwave next time... that way I might be able to see them blow up a little. The crispy sugar was an interesting touch to the classic S'more.




 Now you can Peep Some More!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Like bentos, another good way to make leftovers look delicious!

    ReplyDelete