Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sweet Flower Breakfast Bento

The weather has heated up nicely, and we have a lot of flowers blooming in our area, so I decided to make a flowery bento for breakfast. I added in a bit more of the sweet stuff then I should have, but it was very yummy, and it's not everyday that I eat such sweet things.
Yesterday I stumbled onto a little Gluten Free Grocery Store, and naturally I had to go in and get some snacks! lol
I ended up getting 2 kinds of GF Cookies (Animal Crackers, and S'mores) and a GF Carrot Cake Muffin. YUM! Carrot Cake is my favorite! My fiance (although not gluten intolerant) bought GF Snickerdoodles... because those are her favorite.

Anyway, Here is my Sweet Flower Bento!
  • 2oz Chobani Fat-Free Vanilla Greek Yogurt ('Flower coming out of the Snow')
  • 1/2 GF Carrot Cake Muffin ('Flower coming out of the Snow and Dirt')
  • 2 Honeydew Melon Cubes ('New Grass')
  • 10 Blueberries ('Field of Wild Flowers')
  • 2 Strawberries (Chopped for the 'field of Wild Flowers'/Flower Cutouts)
  • 1 Package GF S'more Cookies (Mi-Del chocolate graham cookies w/ marshmallows 'Fresh Dirt for the flowers')
Usually when I see those yogurt parfaits with candy pieces or cookie crumbs at the grocery store, I turn my nose up at them. It seems counterproductive to toss something unhealthy on top of yogurt (Although most yogurts are so sweetened its like eating a candy bar anyway). But Today I dipped 2 of the S'more cookies into the Greek yogurt and it was very yummy. I am not going to let this become an everyday breakfast occurrence, but I might eat it that way as a healthier dessert option once and a while.
I ate the rest of the yogurt with the fruit and I put most of the cookies back in the package to enjoy as a snack later. This really was a sweet breakfast, and I don't think I could handle something like that very often. Nor do I think anyone should be eating sweets for breakfast either.
I will eat the other half of the carrot cake muffin as a dessert later in the day. It is much more of a dessert item then a breakfast item anyway. It was sweet and topped with cream cheese frosting. They should have been sold as cupcakes instead of muffins.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry it was too sweet, but it looks so cute and pretty! Very colorful and friendly looking. :-) And YAY GF grocery store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't really too sweet, Just too sweet for breakfast. It was perfect for a snack or a dessert though.

      I want to go back to that store and stock up on stuff. There was a bunch of stuff in the freezer that I wanted to buy, but we'd have to bring a cooler to pack it in, then bring it straight home.

      Delete