Monday, April 30, 2012

PBJ 'Sushi' Bento

Well, Since I made a peanut Butter 'Sushi' bento, I thought the next step would making it PBJ! I haven't eaten Jelly/Jam in a while because of the added sugars, but I found some All Fruit Spreadable Fruit with Fiber and it uses fruit juice as the sweetener. It doesn't have any added refined sugars... Plus it has Fiber! So I tried the Blackberry.
  • Lg Strawberry
  • 10 Blueberries
  • 4 Blackberries
  • 1/4 Cup Rice Chex
  • 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce w/ Cinnamon
  • PBJ 'Sushi' (See Below)
Here is a close up of the PBJ 'Sushi'.
I cut the crust off of two pieces of Udi's GF Omega Flax & Fiber bread, Then I rolled them flat with a rolling pin. I spread one with 1 tsp Teddie Natural Peanut Butter. And I spread the other with the 1 tsp Blackberry All Fruit Spreadable Fruit w/ Fiber. I rolled them up the best I could, and cut them into slices.
Unfortunately the picture isn't that great, but believe me that the blackberry rolls were a pretty purple color.

This turned out to be a very high fiber bento! The whole bento was 11.4g fiber (46% of my daily value). Mostly thanks to the Udi's Omega bread (2 slices for 7g fiber).
Why is fiber important? Well, a diet rich in fiber has many benefits including:
  • Filling you up and keeping you Full Longer
  • Helpful for Weight Loss
  • Keeps your Bowels Regular
  • Decreases your risk of Colon Cancer
  • Lowers Blood Cholesterol Levels
  • Helps control Blood Sugar Levels
  • Helps prevent Type 2 Diabetes

3 comments:

  1. YAY! So very cute! And healthy and stuff! :-) Glad you're finding more fun options!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, I'm having fun making these 'sushi sandwiches. I will try to make another scene bento soon. I just don't know what scene to do and what foods to use yet.

      Delete