Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Mock French Toast Sticks Bento

I found a recipe for Polenta French Toast Sticks online, and I decided to try them out. I used Almond Milk instead of coconut milk, and I don't know if that affected the texture or not, but I ended up not caring for them much. They weren't bad, just eh.
But I made breakfast bentos with them anyway,
 My bento has:
  • 5 Polenta French Toast Sticks
  • Maple Cinnamon Dip (Vanilla Greek Yogurt, Maple Syrup, and Cinnamon)
  • 2 Sm Strawberries
  • 1/4 Cup Dried Fruit (Golden Raisins and Plum Amazins)
  • 14 Blueberries
  • Clementine
This was a lot of food, and I ended up putting the dried fruit aside for a snack later. And although I ate the polenta french toast sticks, I wish I didn't because they weren't worth the calories. I ended up throwing the rest out for the birds and squirrels to enjoy.
Here is my fiance's Bento:
  • Polenta French Toast Sticks
  • Maple Cinnamon Dip
  • Blueberries
  • Strawberries
Well, I'm glad I tried a new recipe even though it didn't turn out as good as I was hoping. Oh well. I loved the dip though, I could make that and eat it alone, or as a dip for fruit. Yum! My fiance didn't like the dip though. Probably because it's made with Greek Yogurt (an acquired taste).

2 comments: