Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Chocolate Almond Butter Bento

Chocolate Almond Butter? YUM! I love nut butters, and I got some single serving packets of Justin's Nut butters in my Easter Basket. Today I am eating the Chocolate Almond Butter with crackers and Banana. MMMMM...
I had a lot of little things in this lunch, so I packed it into my LunchBots Quad Bento.
  • Justin's Chocolate Almond Butter
  • 8 Crunchmaster Multigrain Crackers w/ Sea Salt
  • Mini Box Raisins
  • Honeydew Melon
  • 2 Brown Sugar Meringues w/ Chopped Nuts (My mom made these for Easter. YUM!!!)
  • 1/2 Small Banana
  • Sugar Free Jello (I made a jello mold with cherry, orange, lemon, and lime jello, then I cubed it. I was going for a rainbow look, but I didn't have blue or purple jello)
I Spread a little of the almond butter onto a cracker and then topped it with a slice of banana. It was sooooooo good. The crunchy texture of the cracker with the texture of the almond butter and the creaminess of the banana was amazing, and the flavors were even better. The Sea Salt brought out the deep notes of the Chocolate and the Almonds while the light notes of the banana finished off the perfect symphony on my tongue.
     Here are a few more looks at the jello.
     You can hardly see the orange. :/
     But it turned out pretty, and tasted very yummy. :)

    2 comments: