Monday, April 23, 2012

House of Straw Bento

"The first little pig built his house out of straw..." -The Three Little Pigs.
A few weeks ago I made a 3 little pig bento, And I really loved the house of straw. It was fun to make and tasted great, so I decided to make a larger version of the straw house.
  • 'Sun' (Clementine slice)
  • 'Fluffy Clouds and Sky' (Rice Cake crumbled up with Blue Food Coloring added)
  • 'Straw House' (Udi's GF Multigrain Bread, Teddie Natural Peanut Butter, Rice Chex)
  • 'Grass and Flowers' (Spinach and Chopped Strawberry)
  • 'Pig' (GF Animal Cookie rubbed with a Strawberry)
I am so proud of the pink pig. I cut open a strawberry and rubbed it onto the cookie and it made the perfect pink color. Plus it added a yummy strawberry flavor as well.
I really love this straw house. It's so yummy and I love the textured look the cereal adds. I used some of the crust to make the chimney and door.
To make the sky I crushed up a plain unsalted rice cake in a baggie and added a few drops of blue food coloring. I mixed it up to spread the coloring around then spread it out for the sky.

5 comments:

  1. AAAAAAAH! IT CAME OUT SO CUTE! X-D More scenes, more! I loves these ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay Thank you. I need to get inspired, and then I will make more scenes.

      Delete
  2. That is SO cute! And I love how you colored the piggy with a strawberry. INGENIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought you cheated with blue cheese, but it's colored crumpled rice cake! Clever!! Thanks for your submission!

    Diana
    Diana Rambles
    Bento Blog Network

    ReplyDelete