Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Tofu Stir Fry Bento and Tofu Noodle Review

I had leftover Tofu Vegetable Stir Fry from Monday Night, And I also had a bag of Tofu Shirataki Noodles That I've been wanting to try, so today I made Tofu Packed Bento Lunches for me and my fiance.
These Bentos are completely vegetarian, but they are packed full of filling yummy foods. When I opened the bag of noodles though, I had to hold my breath. They are stinky stinky stinky, but the bag says to drain and rinse them well before heating in the microwave for 1 min then drying with a paper towel. This get's rid of most of the smell. But I was a little scared to try them after smelling that. I tried a noodle plain and it was bland and chewy, but not bad. Not bad at all considering there are two servings in the bag and each serving is only 20 calories.
First is my bento, using one of my new Natural Lunch bento boxes.
  • Tofu Shirataki Noodles
  • Tofu Vegetable Stir Fry
  • Bean Sprouts and Toasted Sesame seeds on top
  • Strawberries
  • Grapes
  • Grape Tomatos
  • Broccoli
  • 1 little piece of Spinach Tamagoyaki
My Fiance got the same exact thing as me, packed in another one of my new Natural Lunch Bento Boxes.

I do recommend the noodles, but I also recommend not smelling them until after you rinse and warm them if at all possible.
I found them at Whole Foods Market, but I have also seen them at Hmart and other Asian Grocery Stores. They are in the refrigerated aisle, usually with the tofu.

No comments:

Post a Comment