Sunday, August 5, 2012

Weekend Work Bentos

My fiance is working all weekend again, so Saturday I made a lunch and dinner bento for her to take to work.

First up is the Lunch Bento:
I tucked a LunchBox Love Note into the top of the bento box as a special surprise. This one says 'You Are Truly My Best Friend'. I also asked her what animal pick she'd like and she said dog. So I added two Doggy picks to the bento to dress it up a little bit.
  • Turkey Sandwich (Whole Wheat Bun, Chipotle Mayo, Butter Lettuce, Cheese, Turkey)
  • Almonds
  • Mini Box Raisins
  • Red Grapes (I call them Purple Grapes)
  • Strawberry
Next up is the Dinner Bento:
Packed in a simple plastic container so she can microwave it at work and not worry about ruining a bento box.
 This is packed with leftovers from the other night.
  • Cornmeal Crusted Pork Chop
  • Brussels Colcannon (Mashed Potatoes mixed w/ Butter Spread, Sauteed Brussels Sprouts, Cracked Pepper, Garlic, Fat Free Sour Cream)
  • Frozen Peas & Carrots (W/ Butter Spread on top so when she microwaves it the butter will melt over the veggies)
 I wrapped the bentos together with a big purple ribbon and added a handwritten note. This should be a nice surprise for her when she opens her lunch bag at work. :)
I love you my Love! I hope you have a great day at work, and stay cool in this humidity.

No comments:

Post a Comment