Friday, August 24, 2012

Peaches & Cream Oatmeal

Do you remember those variety boxes of instant oatmeal packets? I remember as a kid not eating the peaches and cream flavor because I thought it was gross. Now, many years later, I have come up with a recipe for Peaches and Cream Oatmeal that is sooo much better, and much healthier as well.
I hope you like it.

Peaches & Cream Oatmeal
Serves One (About 165 Calories Per Serving)
Gluten Free, Refined Sugar Free, Vegan

Ingredients:
  • 1 Medium Peach (Chopped) The riper your peach, the better.
  • 1 Cup Water
  • 1/4 Cup Gluten Free Rolled Oats
  • 1/4-1/2 Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Soy Milk (Or milk of choice)
  • 1 Packet Stevia
  • 1/2-1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
Directions:
  1. In medium saucepan bring water, stevia, and vanilla extract to a boil.
  2. Add the chopped peaches (reserve a few for the topping) and the oats.
  3. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the oats absorb the water and the peaches are soft.
  4. Remove from heat and stir in the cinnamon.
  5. Spoon into a bowl, and top with remaining peaches and soy milk.
  6. Serve and Enjoy!
 Here's the peaches and oats when I added them to the boiling water.
 This is half way cooked. The peaches are soft but the oats haven't absorbed the water yet.
 Here it is after I stirred in the cinnamon and put it into the bowl. I haven't poured the soy milk in yet.
 Here it is all finished. YUM! It turned out better looking than I expected.
 And it tasted even better! Plus, check out the nutrition information below!!!

Calories 164

Total Fat 3.1g
Saturated Fat 0.4g
Sodium 15mg
Total Carbohydrates 28.5g
Dietary Fiber 6.2g
Sugars 9.0g
Protein 6.8g
Vitamin A 7%
Vitamin C 11%
Calcium 6%
Iron 13%


4 comments:

  1. I also did not like the peaches and cream flavor. Thanks for the recipe. It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was happy with how it came out. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, It was. I can't wait to make it again.

      Delete