Sunday, August 26, 2012

Veggie Burger w/Eggplant Buns

This is a crazy bunless veggie burger that I came up with for dinner. Instead of a bun, I used thick sliced grilled eggplant. YUM!
 MMM, Doesn't that Look Good? I'm going to walk you though it step by step, so you too can have a delicious Bunless Veggie Burger.
 First, You need to prep your toppings. I have Lettuce, Tomato, and Red Onion. I also have Cracked Pepper, BBQ Sauce and Whole Grain Mustard.
 Next, take your thickly sliced Eggplant and grill it one one side before adding your veggie burger to the grill. Veggie burgers grill quickly, so you want to start your eggplant first in order to have everything done at the same time.
 Place one slice of grilled eggplant on the plate (You can start adding your toppings now if you want.)
 Mmm, Look at all the veggies in that burger...
 Top the grilled eggplant with the grilled veggie burger...
 I brought it inside to add the toppings. Lettuce on the bottom, Veggie Burger, Sliced Tomato and Red Onion. Cracked Black Pepper, Whole Grain Mustard and BBQ Sauce...
Then I topped it with another slice of Grilled Eggplant. This is the type of burger you will want to use a fork and knife to eat because it can get messy. But it was amazingly delicious, and VERY filling. I had another slice of eggplant on the side and I couldn't finish it because I was full.
I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment