Sunday, August 19, 2012

Rebel Without Paws Bento

Yesterday was my fiance and my bachelorette party, so today we are sleeping in/relaxing/recovering. I was going to make us a simple lunch (more like dinner by the time we ate it since we woke up so late) but I ended up making some bentos instead. Granted, they are simple bentos, but it's more then I was planning to do.
I wanted to make my fiance a dog because she loves dogs, but I was having trouble with the eyes, so I ended up making sunglasses instead. It makes this little puppy look like a cooooool rebel. lol And the frozen grapes add to the cooooool theme. ;)
  • Mushroom & Cheese Sandwich (Sauteed Mushrooms with Melted Cheese on a Toasted Whole Wheat Bun)
  • Cherries
  • Frozen Grapes
I used two different sized heart cutters to make the face. The larger heart I cut in half and turned upside down for the ears, and the smaller heart I turned upside down for the nose/mouth. I also used the top part of the small heart cutter to make the sunglasses. I used a black foodsafe marker to add detail and color in the glasses, and I used a pink foodsafe marker to draw on the tongue.
The face looks like the puppy has stubble... what a rebel.

No comments:

Post a Comment