Friday, March 2, 2012

Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast Bento

Today is Dr. Seuss' 108th Birthday, and in his honor I made two Breakfast Bentos with a Dr. Seuss Theme. First I made a Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast Bento.
 Do you Like Green Eggs and Ham? These are made out of Gluten Free Pancakes and fruit, so even if you don't like eggs/ham, you might like this breakfast! (Note: I usually don't like using gluten free mixes because they are low in nutrition and fiber, but I make an exception for pancakes... plus this mix is made with flaxseed, so the nutrition and fiber is much higher then other mixes.)
I did not make the pancakes the way the box said to, instead of the milk, sugar, oil and eggs I used Almond Milk, Mashed Banana, Applesauce, and Egg Beaters.
  • Green Eggs (2 GF Banana Pancakes with Kiwi slices)
  • Ham (Pig Shaped Strawberry Pancake leftover [frozen] from here) Browned too much in the toaster oven... oops.
  • Strawberry Banana Pancake (Under the pig... I had extra strawberry slices and a little extra pancake batter so I mixed it together. There are more strawberries then batter, so it came out ugly and lumpy so I hid it under the pig... but it tasted yummy)
  • 1 Strawberry (With Silly Pick)
  • 3 Blackberries (With Silly Picks)

1 comment: