Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Vegan Rice Pudding

This Rice Pudding is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free, and Vegan. Plus, it is super easy to make in your rice cooker!
Makes 4-6 servings (depending on how much add-ins you mix into it)

 In your rice cooker combine:
  • 1 Cup Medium Grain White Rice (Use the measuring cup that came with your rice cooker. It is about 3/4 of a regular measuring cup)
  • 4 Cups Unsweetened Almond Milk (Again, use the measuring cup from your rice cooker)
  • 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar (Use a regular measuring cup for this. You can use a sugar substitute but I personally do not care for sugar substitutes)
  • 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 1-2 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon (I love cinnamon so I use a lot)
Put aside
  • 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk or Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (Use a regular measuring cup for this)
  • Optional Dried Fruit or Nuts to stir in after cooking. (some good ones are Raisins, Golden Raisins, Craisins, Plum Amazins, Sliced Almonds, Chopped Walnuts)
Make sure you stir the ingredients well before closing your rice cooker. Then set it on the simple white rice setting. Mine took between 20-30 minutes to cook, but it depends on your rice cooker.
When the rice cooker beeps to let you know it is done, scoop the pudding into a container with a tight fitting lid.
Stir in an additional 1/2 cup (using a regular measuring cup) of unsweetened almond milk (or unsweetened vanilla almond milk). I like my pudding to be a little on the thick side, but if you want it thinner you can add more milk until you get the right consistency. Now is the time to stir in your dried fruit or nuts. (My fiance doesn't want anything in the rice pudding so I add whatever I want to my bowl before I eat it, and she eats her's plain.)
Chill the rice pudding in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Serve cool.
Some people like theirs warm out of the rice cooker.
 I stirred in 1/8 cup of Plum Amazins (Diced prunes without added sugar) to my bowl.
Yum!
ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. That looks... suspiciously good. >.< Even though I don't like rice or textured pudding... Hmm... LOL!

    ReplyDelete