Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Shepard's Pie Bento

Today's bento's are made with last night's leftover Shepard's pie and mashed cauliflower. If you've never tried mashed cauliflower you should do so right away, It had the same consistency and appearance of Mashed Potatoes but it is more nutritious and has less calories. I also think it has a milder taste then potato.

I also decided to use my piggy bento boxes today because shepard's pie makes me think of the country side and farms, and so do piggies. So here they are.
  • Shepard's Pie (Ground Beef, Fat Free Beef Gravy, Edamame, Corn, Peas, Green Beans, Lima Beans, Carrots)
  • Mashed Cauliflower
  • Pineapple Chunks
  • Blackberries
  • Strawberry
  • Cantaloupe and Honeydew (flowers and hearts in a flower stem pick)
My fiance has the same except no Mashed cauliflower because she didn't feel like it today. Oh and a lot more pineapple... Can you tell it's a favorite fruit in our house?

No comments:

Post a Comment