Thursday, January 19, 2012

Meatloaf and Garnish Bentos

I'm sorry this post is late, I made this bento yesterday, but since I haven't been getting enough sleep I had a little breakdown, so Now I'm posting it today.
I made meatloaf the night before, and I saved some for my fiance and my lunches, but I wanted it to be pretty so while I was up in the early morning, I looked up how to make a few garnishes. And here are my creations.
 This one is my Fiance's Bento:
  • Grapes
  • Apple Leaves
  • Clementine and Grape Flower
  • Celery Garnish
  • Meatloaf (Made with Turkey, Beef, Veggies, and Gluten Free Oats)
  • Fresh Spinach (And Shredded Red Cabbage underneath)
  • Cucumber Rose
  • Sauteed Cabbage

 And here is my Bento:
  • Clementine and Grape Flower
  • Apple Leaf
  • Blueberries
  • Celery Garnish
  • Cucumber Rose
  • Meatloaf
  • Fresh Spinach and Shredded Red Cabbage
  • Cherry Tomato
  • Sauteed Cabbage
So how did I do on the Garnishes? I really like the Apple leaves and the Cucumber Roses the most, but I think I'll do all of these garnishes again sometimes... but the Clementine Flower was hard to make (This was my second try, I ate the first one that I failed spectacularly on), so I might not do that again. The Cucumber garnish was easy to make, but you are supposed to let it sit in ice water for about an our... and unless I think about it ahead of time, I don't think I'll have the time to make that very often.

4 comments:

  1. Sooooooo pretty! You're getting more and more creative and detailed! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! I especially love how you did the apples; it looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Kellie! I really love making bentos, and I keep looking up easy ways I can make my bentos more detailed and pretty without spending too much more time making them then I already do. I don't want you to go hungry while I make the perfect bento.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Julie. The leaves are actually the wings of an Apple Swan. One day I'll try to make the Swan, but not yet.

    ReplyDelete