Monday, February 20, 2012

Gluten Free Italian Strata

In the freezer I had a 2/3 of a loaf of Gluten Free Bread that my mother made me, and I decided to use it to make a delicious GF Italian Strata.
 I made 2 separate ones, because I am not a huge fan of cheese, so I made mine with less cheese.
 It was super simple to made and everyone loved it, so I'm going to share the recipe I made.
 Here is the cheesier version of the strata, I didn't write down the recipe for it as I made it, but I did write down the less cheesy version that I made for myself, so you can take that recipe and double it to make enough for 4 people, and add more cheese to make it cheesier.
Here is the less cheesy version of the Strata. It's enough for 2 people, and if you want it cheesier, just add a little more.
  • 1 1/2 cup Cubed GF Bread
  • 2 Eggs Beaten (I used 1/2 cup Egg Beaters)
  • 1/2 cup Milk (I used 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk)
  • 1/4 cup Broccoli (Chopped finely)
  • 1/2 Slice Provolone Cheese (Broken into pieces)
  • 1/3 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (I used Reduced Fat)
  • 1/8 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
  • 2 Tbsp Italian Herbs (I use McCormick Perfect Pinch no salt added)
  • 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
  • 1/2 Tbsp Ground Black Pepper
  • 1 Tbsp Milled Flax Seed
1. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Make sure the bread gets evenly covered with the eggs and milk, and make sure the cheese is mixed throughout.
2. Pour mixture into a greased baking dish (I used a glass baking dish) and cover. Put into the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, but you can make this and put it in the refrigerator overnight.
3. Take Strata out of the refrigerator 30-60 mins before cooking. Sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese over the top.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
5. Bake the Strata in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until top is golden brown and crispy.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I can say only one thing. NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM! >.>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe, Yaaay! I'm so glad you liked it, Come over for more!

      Delete