Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Summery Cookout Bento! (and Birthday plans)

The weather is warm, and the garden is thriving, and I have a cookout bento to celebrate! Last night I made a very summery meal of marinaded steak tips, corn on the cob, Basil herb pasta, and fresh cut fruit including watermelon!
Before sitting down to eat dinner I quickly put aside enough food for bento, or else there wouldn't have been any left! lol

  • Half a Strawberry
  • 2 Blackberries
  • Pineapple chunks
  • Watermelon hearts
  • Cantaloupe flowers
  • Grape halves
  • 1/4 Corn on the cob
  • Marinaded steak tips (the yummiest ones I've ever had, I keep buying them because they are soooooo good)
  • Fresh Spinach leaves
  • Basil and Herb pasta with tomatoes (it's like a pesto pasta salad)
My fiance got all the same foods. Note the cute bone picks in the meat and the leaf picks in the grapes. I also used a grape half to cover the ugly end of the corn. I've seen in my bento cookbooks cheese or carrots cut out and placed on the end of the corn, but I didn't have either of those things on hand, so grape half it is. lol

The weather is very nice today, a little more humid then I like, but it's great after so many days of rain and cloudy weather. I'm going to do a little gardening today while I still can, don't know what the weather will be like tomorrow. That's New England for you!
Tonight we are having Chicken Hot Dogs for dinner. Another summery food!
I am also planning my birthday party. My birthday is in less then a month, and I'm starting to get excited. I always throw fun themed parties for my birthday and last year was 'Save the Bees' where I had a bee themed party with foods that were pollinated by bees, and honey bbq chicken, as well as a honey tasting and a lot of stuff from Burt's Bees!
This year I am having a Nature Walk/Picnic Birthday Party with a photo scavenger hunt. Then we are going out for ice cream instead of having a cake. I hope the weather will be nice for it.

4 comments:

  1. That steak is SO tasty. And the sunflower corn is WICKED cute. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It is really good steak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You! I follows. :3
    I will advertize for you subito. <3

    ReplyDelete