Wednesday, May 4, 2011

New Picks!!!! And Cuties!

Yesterday my fried Julie dropped by to give me some presents. She had given me piggy bento boxes a few weeks ago, and she also ordered some food picks that I have always wanted. The picks didn't come in time, so she's been waiting to give them to me. Some of the picks still haven't come (super cute leaf picks!!! I can't wait!!!!) But the others ones did. So she brought them over. Also she knows how much I have wanted to try the little oranges I have been seeing. And she had a bunch, so she brought a bunch of them over too! They're called cuties.
A bag of cuties, and 12 amazingly adorable food picks!
  • 2 Balloon picks
  • 2 Flower Stem picks
  • 2 Umbrella picks
  • 2 Ring picks
  • 4 Bone picks
I was so excited I was jumping up and down. I couldn't wait to try them out in my next bento. I also couldn't wait to try the yummy looking tiny cuties!
I took a lot of pictures because I was so excited! I had to go through them all and get rid of a lot of pictures because I took too many. Lol. I couldn't help it because I was and still am super excited.

The cuties are delicious!
  • I loved the size of them, Perfect for bento box. It fit right in without a problem and I didn't need to rearrange anything to fit them into my bento box.
  •  They were easy for me to peel, but I have pretty long nails, so someone without nails would need a knife to help peel them.
  • And like I said... they are delicious. They are sweet but still have a citrus tang to them.

 

4 comments:

  1. Those picks are adorable! I'm just getting into the bento thing after an attempt at doing so at the beginning of the semester, then promptly realizing that food was low on the priority list for a few months. Finally focusing on it again and have started collecting things like silicone cups, cookie cutters, and picks. We have a tiny cake decorating shop here in my small town that I thought might be a good resource, so I stopped by the other day and holy cats do they have a lot of picks! Since I'm looking at packing lunches for myself this summer as well as using bento strategies for when my nieces & nephews come over, I got quite an assortment of picks - flowers, dinosaurs, superheroes, glass slippers, dancers, farm animals, etc. Can't wait to start using them!

    P.S. Hi. :) I've been following your blog for a while, just haven't had time to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mel, Welcome to the world of Bentoing! It's so much fun making bento, and I love collecting the cute accessories. I think food picks are a must because they can make a boring or blah looking lunch look really cute and fun without much effort. Really helpful for the days you don't have a lot of time to spend on making bento.
    Thank you for following my blog! and I hope to hear from you again. I love getting comments on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU WERE SO CUTE WITH YOUR BOUNCING! SQUEEEE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *Jumps up and down* Thank you Julie!!!! You need to get a profile so you won't be anonymous anymore.

    ReplyDelete