Tuesday, May 3, 2011

More Vegetarian Bentos

I must be on a vegetarian kick because I have been making a lot of vegetarian bentos lately. I don't mind though, I love the feeling I get after eating such good food. I feel happy and healthy and energetic, not bogged down by a heavy meal.

Anyway, here is a snack bento I made yesterday and I didn't get to load until today.
  • Hummus
  • Baby Carrots
  • Whole Wheat Pita Bread
  • Cherry Tomato (for color and because it's yummy)
This is my fiance's bento. She asked for a grilled Cheese Sandwich, and Hummus... So here it is!
  • Grilled Cheese on Whole Wheat bread
  • Fresh Spinach
  • Cherry Tomatos
  • Baby Carrots
  • Hummus
  • Whole Wheat Melba Toast crackers
  • Strawberry
And here comes my bento. It's so ugly. I realize I could have made it so much prettier, but it was too late to try after I dumped everything in and shook it up. Oh well. Next time I'll know to line everything up to look appealing. At least it tasted amazingly delicious!
  • Fresh Spinach, Celery, Cherry Tomato, Red Onion, Cucumber, Baby Carrot, and milled Flax Seed salad
  • Hummus (instead of dressing)
  • Whole Wheat Pita bread
  • Light Babybel cheese (cut into a flower and placed on top of the hummus)
  • And my attempt to make it prettier with the babybel wax flower on top of my pita...
Next time I make this I am going to line everything up so you can see the colors better instead of have it all mixed together and hard to see.

2 comments: