Monday, March 21, 2011

Protein and Bento

I tend to not get enough protein in my diet, but protein is really important when you are weight training, so I did my best to get as much protein as I could today.

So I'm going to start off with my Breakfast:
Yogurt Parfait
  • 1 Container Yoplait Light Very Vanilla Yogurt
  • 3 Large Sliced Strawberries
  • 1/4 Cup Fiber One Honey Clusters Cereal
167 Calories
34g Carbs
0g Fat
7g Protein
So you may not think this is a whole lot of protein, but for me this is a lot more protein then I usually get in the morning. Plus, It was so delicious I plan on eating it again. YUM!


You should see these crazy Strawberries! They were mutants, Delicious mutants, and one looked vaguely like a heart when I sliced it open.


Next came the Bento Boxes
First is my Fiance's bento
  • Chicken Caesar Salad
  • Hard Boiled Egg on a nest of Sprouts
  • Ham and Colby Rolls
  • Cherry Tomato
  • Strawberries and Cantaloupe
And My Bento. I tried to get as much protein in as I could.
  • Grilled Chicken Salad with Light Italian dressing
  • Ham Rolls
  • Mini Babybel Light
  • Hard Boiled Egg on a nest of Sprouts
  • Strawberries and Cantaloupe
278 Calories
11g Carbs
9g Fat
15g Protein

Then for dinner I had homemade Vegetable Stir Fry with Tofu and Sliced Steak, and My workout snack was a Smoothie with more yogurt. So I hope I did alright with my protein today. I got 64g of Protein today, and I usually get an average of 35g Protein. I would really like to try using a protein powder, but I want it to be all natural, so when I researched it I found that Hemp powder is probably my best bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment