Sunday, March 13, 2011

New Bento Boxes!!!

My Friend went to Japan a while ago, and she brought me back some bento boxes. 'Why am I just writing about them now?' you ask? Well, because she had them buried in her luggage for a while, and we never really got a chance to hang out until this weekend. So now I have lots of shiny new bento boxes to play with, and you get to see the pictures.
These are my three new Natural Lunch Bento Boxes.
  • The Pink one is a two tier koban (traditional Japanese coin shaped) bento box. The capacity for the top is 200ml and the bottom is 290ml.
  • The Tan/Beige box is also two tiered. The capacity of the top is 320ml and the bottom is 180ml.
  • The Green bento box is one tier. The capacity is 480ml.
Here are what they look like open.
  • The pink box has a tight fitting white lid to help make it liquid tight.
  • The Tan/Beige box has an inner lid with a space to put a pair of chopsticks or utensils, as well as a smaller lid for the bottom tier. It is not liquid tight but stays on well.
  • The green box has side clips to keep the lid tightly secure.
Next is the cute lunch bag.
 The bag is a Tan/Beige insulated and zippered lunch bag great for keeping food hot or cold. It has a phrase on it in French. 
"Qu'est-ce que vous achetez aujourd'hui? 
Mettez une chose favorite dans ce sac. 
C'est un sac tres commode."
Roughly translated to:
"What do you buy today? 
Put a favorite thing in this bag.  
This is a very convenient bag." 

 This is the cute napkin that came in the bag.

She also gave me these really pretty black lace fingerless gloves. She said something about them being bicycle gloves. I love them, and I can't wait to find an excuse to wear them out.
Black, fingerless, elbow length, lace gloves.

And now I have a bento to share with you. One of my friends was bringing me and my fiance to see Burn the Floor (an awesome ballroom dancing show). So since we would be out of the house most of the day I decided to make a quick lunch bento to bring along so I didn't have to spend a lot of money (or hurt my stomach) on junk food while we were out.
  • Hummus with black pepper in the green square cup.
  • Whole wheat sandwich thin cut into quarters.
  • Mini babybel light cheese.
  • One slice of turkey, rolled and sliced into three.
  • Cucumber sticks.
  • Baby Carrots.
  • Strawberries.
  • Fresh Spinach acting as a food baran to keep the bread separate from the 'wet' foods.
  • All natural apple sauce in a separate cup.
This was a yummy bento, and not bad looking for a quick throw together lunch. And perfect for before the show. Burn the Floor was an amazing show. I had sooo much fun, and I'm very grateful that I got to go see it. The music was wonderful, and the costumes were beautiful as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment