Anyway, we wanted salads for dinner, but my fiance was bummed that she couldn't get a Caesar salad from our favorite takeout place. So I looked online and found a few recipes for dairy free dressing and figured out how to make it.
And luckily the recipe turned out wonderful. My fiance even said it tasted exactly like the regular stuff.
Here is what I came up with!
- 1 Cup Light Mayo (made with Canola Oil)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 Tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 Tsp Cracked Pepper
- Pink Salt to taste (can use Sea Salt if you don't have Pink Salt)
Dairy Free Chicken Caesar SaladDirections:
- Mince Garlic cloves.
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor.
- Pulse until well blended.
- Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
I washed a small glass jar and filled it with the dressing. Other good container ideas are small empty Salad Dressing bottles, Peanut Butter jars, and Mayo jars. I think this glass jar is from Instant Coffee.
Don't forget to label and date your dressing! I put today's date as well as the expiration date (two weeks from now) so there won't be any guessing.