Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Spiced Polenta Breakfast Bento

I have been wanting to eat Porrage for the past couple of days. I do not know why, maybe I'm Goldilocks...
Anyway, this morning I made Spiced polenta porridge for my breakfast bento. For those of you in the south you'd call it Grits.
Anyway, I also cut a grapefruit in half and added some other yummy stuff to my bento.
This is a huge 2 tier bento filled with yummy breakfast foods (with lots of fiber thanks to the fruit and prune, and calcium thanks to the chocolate supplement chew) and like always it is Gluten Free.
First off we have the Spiced Polenta, with:
  • Cinnamon
  • Nutmeg
  • Ginger
  • Vanilla
Then I swirled a teaspoon of Honey on top to give it a little bit of sweetness.

Next we have the fruit tier with:
  • 1/2 Grapefruit
  • Clementine segments
  • Chocolate Calcium Chew
  • Sun-sweet Ones Prune
 Then I topped the grapefruit with 1/2 Teaspoon of sugar to help cut the bitterness of the fruit.

And because I ate this so late (around 10:30-11:00) It is also acting as part of my lunch. I will have something small for lunch a little later on. More like a snack then a lunch.... Who knows... maybe it'll be a snack bento.




4 comments: