Monday, August 8, 2011

Gluten Free Vegetarian Bento

I have this Gluten Free Bread from a brand called Udi's. This brand makes a bunch of GF breads and I tried the White Sandwich Bread. It's wonderful. It doesn't taste GF at all, and for any of you who have tried GF bread you know exactly what I mean. This bread is amazing and I recommend it to anyone who has a Gluten sensitivity.
Anyway, I made a sandwich for my bento lunch, with the GF bread, white bean hummus, and veggies. Super yummy vegetarian and GF lunch.
  • Udi's GF White Sandwich Bread
  • Eat Well Enjoy Life White bean hummus with garlic
  • Spring lettuce mix
  • Shredded carrots
  • Sliced cucumber
  • Cherry Tomatoes
  • Grapes
  • Bing Cherries
  • Sliced Peach
  • Sliced Plum
The peaches and plums are sooooooo ripe and juicy. I have been eating a bunch of them lately. Also the grapes and cherries are good this time of year as well.
I sliced the peach and plum and arranged them to show off the beautiful colors, but since they are so juicy it was a bit of a mess cutting them. lol

  • For the meat eaters you could make this with a bit of sliced turkey as well. Or try a little bacon or roasted chicken.
  • For those of you who do not have a Gluten Sensitivity, then go ahead and make this with whatever kind of bread you like.
  • The sandwich is delicious with lots of different vegetables like peppers and mushrooms and celery, whatever you like. 
  • And it's also wonderful as a wrap, a pita sandwich, or a salad if you'd like to go without bread or rather have croutons. 
  • Also any kind of hummus will do, I used white bean hummus because that was the open one, but you could used chickpea, edamame, yellow pea, flavored hummus or plain hummus, whatever you like.
I hope you all enjoy
:)

2 comments:

  1. That picture somehow looks very pointy, but tasty. LMFAO! Oooh, the fruit... *Mouth watering* I'm wanting fruit so very badly right now... Bah. Tasty Kat stuffs! And yay for you finding gluten free options!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fruit was super good. And the GF bread is good, but I miss gluten... :(

    ReplyDelete