Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Pita Pizza and Salad Bento

Here is a Pita Pizza and Salad Bento for me and my fiance to share. Just like last time I made one tier of the tiffin bento box for each of us, and one tier to share.
  • Pita pizzas (Read more about the different pizzas below)
  • Salads
  • Nut-thin Crackers (Made with rice and Almonds)
  • Super Hummus (Made with Edamame and Chickpeas)
  • Strawberries
  • Blueberries
The first Tier has my Pita Pizza and salad in it. I made a simple Cheese pizza and a garden salad for myself.
The salad (I used hummus as dressing) is made with:
  • Fresh Baby Spinach
  • Cubed Mushrooms
  • Julienned Baby Carrots
  • Sliced Cucumber
  • Tomato
This is my pizza before cooking...
... and after. It's made of 
  • Whole Wheat Pita bread
  • Pizza Sauce
  • Fat Free Mozzarella Cheese
This is my fiance's pizza and salad. The salad is very simple, and only has Spinach, Baby Carrots, and Mushrooms, and she ate it with light ranch dressing. But the pizza is more fancy...
Here it is before cooking...
...and After. This one was made with:
  • Whole Wheat Pita bread
  • Light Alfredo Sauce
  • Sauteed Mushrooms
  • Fat Free Mozzarella Cheese
 And here is our snack/side dishes. We have Super Hummus in the inner container, Almond Nut-thins (Crackers made with almonds and rice. They are super delicious and very crunchy, and completely gluten free if you have a gluten allergy), We also have strawberries and blueberries. And I also used one of my new cute baran. I pulled it up a bit so you could see it in the picture. This one had a Panda as well as grass with mushrooms and Blueberries. I used this particular one because the mushrooms echo the mushrooms in the bento, and the blue butterfly and the red mushrooms echo the colors of the berries. I picked the Panda because it was cute, and because I didn't have any very dark colors in this bento and I thought the contrast would look nice, and the white and green would tie the whole bento together because there is white and green in every tier of the bento box.







6 comments:

  1. Cuuute! *NOM!*
    -Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was super tasty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The super hummus sounds incredible! And the pita pizzas, let's just say I'll be making a trip to the bakery to pick up some fresh pita and naan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Tammy. The super Hummus is amazing, I don't think I'll be going back to regular hummus any time soon. Enjoy your pizzas!

    ReplyDelete