Friday, July 1, 2011

Night Shift Bento

My fiance is a security guard and someone called out work, so my fiance took the extra hours. The only problem is that it's an overnight shift and it's 12 hours long! Also this is for the whole weekend, so Friday Night, Saturday Night and Sunday Night I will be very lonely and probably will have trouble sleeping. :( And during the day my fiance will need to sleep, so we won't be seeing much of each other the next few days. :(

Anyway, I made a special Snack and Breakfast Bento for my fiance to bring to work. I may have gone a bit overboard though because I realized I packed a LOT for an overnight shift when my fiance usually doesn't eat much at night. Well hopefully it won't be a problem and we can just pack the leftovers for the next night. (And there won't be too much snacking from boredom or just because it's there, I wouldn't want to be the cause of my fiance gaining back the weight she lost.)

 Anyway, here is the snack and breakfast!
Snack consists of:
  • Dark Chocolate covered Pretzels
  • Craisins
  • Honey Roasted Peanuts
  • A Riesen
  • Sunflower Seeds
  • 1 1/2 Whole Wheat Blueberry/Raspberry Muffin (Actually meant for breakfast) Stay tuned for a blog here is the blog about these muffins
  • Sugar Free Bubble Gum
  • Kashi Salsa Pita Crackers
 Breakfast consists of the muffins and:
  • Strawberries
  • Mini Babybel Light Cheese
  • Applesauce 
  • Blueberries
  • Pineapple
 And here it is all packed up with the various drinks.
  • Snapple Pink Lemonade
  • Sports Bottle of no sugar added Apple Juice
  • Frozen Water Bottle( to keep things cold)
  • Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino (A surprise from me... so there is no falling asleep on the job and because it's my fiance's favorite)



4 comments:

  1. That's sooooo cute! And wicked tasty looking! ...If you don't want her to eat it, I'll help! ;-P
    -Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my! and after reading through a lot of these i'm starting to think my two year old would probably eat his dinner if i served it up bento style. Definitely going to make him bento lunches when he starts school because they just look so cool (and what kid wouldn't want pizza for lunch?) Going to grab some stuff tomorrow and give it a try ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea. A lot of people make bentos for their kids because it makes eating fun and exciting. Good luck, and I hope you find a new love in making bento.

      Delete