Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Snack Bentos

Here are two snack bentos I made this month. One is my favorite cereal snack, and the other is a fruit bento I made for my fiance to bring to work.
This cereal snack is the best snack in the world because it can be made a billion different ways. I prefer it to be a healthy snack though, made with whole grain cereals that are low in sugar, and preferably with as little preservatives as possible.
 This particular cereal snack consists of:
  • 1/4 Cup Rice Chex
  • 1/2 Cup Kix
  • 1/2 Cup Fiber One (Original)
  • 1/4 Cup Fruity Cheerios
I have been trying to cut back on the super sweet cereals that I used to eat, and I have been finding it easier to cut back on them and switch to better cereals for me by mixing the sweet sugary cereal with the healthier ones. I gradually decreased the amount of sweet cereal and increased the other cereal, and now I sometimes don't need or want the super sweet cereal anymore.

This fruit bento I made for my fiance to bring to work. She asked for mostly Pineapple (because pineapple is the best!) so I did my best to incorporate as much pineapple as I could while also using a ton of other fruits and colors as well.
  • Pineapple Chunks
  • Blueberries
  • Raspberries
  • Blackberries
  • Strawberry
  • Watermelon Hearts
  • Honeydew Chunks


No comments:

Post a Comment